Monday, August 27, 2007

Activity 2

I interviewed three people about Women’s Studies and what they thought of feminism. I talked to my best girl friend, a guy friend from home, and my mom. My mom and my girl friend’s answers were about the same and then my guy friend’s answers were totally the different. In the first question when asked what they reaction to me being in Women’s Studies was, my mom and my girl friend were both glad for me and happy I was in it. In fact, my girl friend thinks more people should take it. My guy friend though just thought of it as another class to fill a requirement to graduate. In the second question, both the women I interviewed thought of someone who wants equal rights for women when I asked what they though a feminist was. My guy friend said it was crap and is obviously not for it at all. Though he said that he said if I were to become one he would respect me for being one. My girl friend and mom both said if I was a feminist they would support me, and my friend said this because she is kind of a feminist as well.
When I first signed up for this course, I thought of it as just a way to fill my requirements for my major, but the more I talked to my friends and family and thought about it the more interested I became in learning about it. I don’t think I would call my self a “full blown” feminist, but I do believe women and men should be treated equally and women should have the same opportunities as men do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job... isn't it a powerful word -- you can say feminist and someone can respond "crap"... not many labels like that!